SWEET POTATO MUFFINS: Simple to make and great as a healthy afternoon snack
- 1 cup almonds (or almond flour)
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Poke a sweet potato all over with a fork and bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and remove the skin. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Generously grease a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 Muffin Calories: 134 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 10 Sodium: 107 Fibre: 2.4 Protein: 9