This very SIMPLE yet utterly delicious rich tasting Ice cream is so easy to make ( less than 5mins) and couple of hours to freeze . Mix all the ingredients in a blender or using a stick blender.Pour the combined ingredients into a freezer-safe container( a lunchbox will do) and leave in the freezer for approx. 4 hours. Or use in a Ice cream maker if you have one. The Ice cream maybe come a little to firm if left in the freezer too long ( this happened to me the first time I made this I had to get the rolling pin out!!). If so allow to thaw before serving. I really do like this healthier alternative to Ice cream a little treat after a hard workout!
This is a Gluten Free, Paleo and Vegan recipe that does taste smooth and creamy.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
- 400ml can of full-fat OR half fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and teaspoon of Manuka honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence or powder
- I then grate over the top some WILLIES VENEZUELAN BLACK 100% LAS TRINCHERAS CACAO for a lovely rich taste( Optional). Its worth the money as its a great healthy treat to add to your diet.
I recommend Single Origin Chef’s Supreme Cacao – “Smooth nutty notes 100% cacao is a true chef’s ingredient’ it inspires. Make supreme truffles, reflecting perfectly the flavour of the bean, or grate to add depth and notes to gravies and casseroles. Like fine wines’ beans from the different cacao regions of the world have stunningly individual flavours. To capture these,I make cacao from ‘bean to bar.’ Smooth, nutty Hacienda Las Trincheras grows only mountains away from my northern Venezuela.LONG FORGOTTEN FLAVOURS OF THE WORLD’S GREAT CACAOS.Ingredients: 100% pure cacao. May contain traces of nuts.” (Willies Cacao)