I love to snack on this protein- rich crunchy satisfying snack . I try to always have healthy nutrient- rich snacks with me especially on those days when I am held-up or worked extra hard in a running workout and need a pick-me up then this tasty spicy snack does the trick.This granola is also great sprinkled on soups and salads.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes about 5 cups)
- 3 cups ( 225g ) coconut flakes
- 2 cups( 300g) mixed almonds. cashews,pecans,walnuts and pumkin seeds( preferably activated) roughly chopped.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of onion and/or garlic powder
- 80g coconut butter or oil melted
- I large egg white
- 1 teaspoon tamari
preheat the oven to 120degrees( gas 1/2) and line a tray with baking paper. Combine all the ingredients except the egg white and tamari in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and tamari, then pour over the nut mixture and stir until combined. Spread the mixture out evenly on the prepared tray. Bake for 25minutes, stirring at the 10-minute mark. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.